Thursday, May 8, 2008

Marriage Problems

Hello everyone,

Here is a small start to my marriage advice:

Because of the escalation of
cheating spouses and partners, people (possibly you) need tools to help save what they have left of a marriage and to help mend the relationship. I believe the best possible tool for a marriage is marriage counseling.

 I know that seems biased (because I am a marriage counselor) however I know that marriage counseling is very effective. Besides counseling, there are other ways to help your marriages. 

I will show you some possible tools for you to choose from in a later post. Hopefully I will be able to suggest helpful programs that I have seen work that are accessible over the internet. 

If you are on here and are having problems with your relationship, please remember that your marriage IS a relationship; some compromise from BOTH sides needs to be taken. 

Don’t be scared to talk about your feelings and don’t be scared to say, “I’m Sorry.” You married this person for a reason; take a weekend with them to remember those reasons. ABOVE ALL ELSE: LISTEN. These tools won’t fix the problem, but they will get you started on the right track.

Thank you for reading,

Dr. G Burken

No comments: